I hate to start this happy Friday post on a negative note but ... come on!! Seriously, it has been about a month now of solid rain. And I am not just talking grey skies and the romantic drizzle of rain drops hanging like mist in the air (to be honest, I hate that kind of rain too) but it's black skies, heavy downpours and water everywhere. I have never been so wet, frizzy and sticky in my entire life.
Grrrr ... and yesterday I put my handbag in a puddle. Completely unneccessary. That puddle had no right to be there.
Okay, so enough moaning ... oh no, wait, there's more.
Running has been challenging due to the weather. I ran on Tuesday and it went quite well because the weather held out nicely; Tuesday was a wash out so I was obliged to run up and down the stairs of our flat to get the heart rate up before powering through some of Tracy Anderson's ass-shaking exercises. Yesterday, I went out again and the weather, thankfully, obliged but running on an uphill incline of about 5000 against the howling gale ... challenging to say the least.
To be honest, though, the reason I like road running so much more than slogging it out on the treadmill is that every day is slightly different, even if you are running the same route. Sometimes you'll have wind, other days rain, one day I hope to have some sunshine ... all of these make the run slightly different each time and it stops me from getting bored.
Running on the heath is not too shabby either. I'll take my camera out with me one day and snap some pics for y'all. It is just stunning and cleansing for the mind and the soul.
In other news - it is Friday and time for another weekend!
It's Okay to:
- Try Stevia in my coffee for the first time and almost gag. It has one nasty after-taste. I'll stick to my agave thank you very much.
- Fall back in love with John Cusack. It's been a while, but ... sigh ... I just love him.
- Go for a run when you really, really, really don't want to,
- Eat a cookie. It was home-made and delicious. I could not resist. I did only have one, though, which is not like me at all.
- Celebrate being British (almost) with some lovely people.
- Start to worry about my post-spray tanned self. Should I look this patchy ... ?
- Get organised.
- Make my bed every day. It's not that hard, actually.
- Listen to my body - sometimes it just needs a good old cry.
- Go to Church.